Auditions: Tennessee Renaissance Festival
Cast Member Audition Information
The Tennessee Renaissance Festival is casting for its 2010 Festival. Actors will portray the townsfolk and nobility of Covington Glen, a 16th Century English Village. The Festival invites actors (18 years or older) of all types and experience levels to our Open Call on February 6th. Please come prepared to move; dress comfortably. Actors will be asked to participate in improvisational exercises, and anyone wishing to demonstrate specific skills (character or theatrical monologue, singing or period musical instrument, stage combat, or other skills) may do so as well, but is not required.
Auditions: Date: Saturday, February 6th, 2010
Time: sign in from 9:00-9:45am; auditions start at 10am sharp
Location: Freeman Photography Studios at 2134 New Castle Road, Arrington-Triune, across from the Festival grounds
Call Backs & Important Info
Sunday, February 7th, 2010
Location: same as Saturday (cast hopefuls are asked to be available both days if at all possible)
If you’re going to the Festival site from Hwy 96, turn onto New Castle Road (you can only turn one way). Go 0.3 miles; 2134 will be on your right. You will pass the festival / castle; we will be at the big white house with the green roof. If you get lost, call (615) 395-9950 for directions. Please park only in the designated audition parking areas.
· dress comfortably and be prepared to move; actors will be asked to participate in improvisational exercises
· we are casting for Peasants, Nobility, and Fairies and also for those people who will be performing in this year’s Shakespeare offering which will be a treatment of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Ginny B. will be cutting and directing our Shakespeare work again this year!
· Rehearsals are every Saturday and Sunday in April. There will be additional rehearsals days in February and March and extended rehearsal times on standard rehearsal days for Fairies, Fighters and Shakespearean Cast. And specialty rehearsals as needed during the weeks leading up to the fair. Please consider the time commitments needed for these more demanding roles prior to agreeing to you casting.
· rehearsals will cover our period looking costume construction guidelines, character development, interactive and improvisational theatre, and language dialect skills.
· Performance Dates are: May 1, 2, (Monday May 3 school day), 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30,, and Memorial Monday May 31st, 2010. Festival hours are 10am to 6pm; call time for some performers is as early as 8am.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Assistant Entertainment Director, Ginger Muse, at gingermuse at tnrenfest.com